4400 Cathedral Oaks Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93160-6307
Career Technical Education for High School Students
About Santa Barbara County ROP/CTE
Agriculture and Natural Resources
Health Science and Medical Technology
- ROP/CTE courses are articulated or get dual credit with local community colleges.
- Sixteen ROP/CTE courses are approved by the UC to meet entrance requirements.
- Students in ROP/CTE classes earn credits towards their high school graduation.
- Students are taught a rigorous and relevant curriculum integrated with core academic standards.
- Eleven ROP/CTE courses meet academic requirements (Math, English, Fine Arts, Economics & Science).
- Over 500 students each year are placed in on-the-job training, internships and/or project-based learning opportunities.
- All courses are based on current and future labor-market demands.
- Students who complete an ROP/CTE course receive a Certificate of Skills based on industry standards.
The Santa Barbara County Education Office is the CTEIG TA Team for Region 5. Please contact us at (805) 937-8427 if you have any questions regarding the Career Technical Incentive Grant.